viernes, 23 de octubre de 2015

My future job

This subject is too hard in my life, because in my career (psychology), there are many areas or applications where I can make a job. But that's not the point: besides the career in the university, I study theology in an Institute of Theological Studies. This situation implies, at least, two problems: 1) I must know how to link these areas of knowledge and, apparently, they are like oil and water: psychology was born in the middle of the process of secularization and the peak of the modern science; on the another hand, the theological thought started on the basis of existence of God (with all that it implies in the social and moral think), so the exercise of thinking and making an academic job with each foot in each area it’s SO difficult (and strange too), 2) the place that I will work depends on which area prevails on the another, or how I realize the mixture between psychology (specifically, psychoanalysis) and the theological thought: maybe I´ll do academic work (integrating psychoanalysis with literary studies -specifically, Chilean poetry studies- to think the problem of the historical memory in Chile) or psychotherapy, or join the ministry in the church and be a priest or a biblical teacher (although you may not believe it).

3 comentarios: